HOW TO ENTER THE MARU VOICE RECRUIT CONTEST
1. CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest starts on January 1, 2019 and closes on December 31, 2019, 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is sponsored by the Maru Voice Community (the “Sponsor”) and will be administered by Maru/BLUE Canada Inc. (“MARU/BLUE”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all registered members of the Maru Voice Community (“Entrants”). All Entrants must be individuals legally residing in Canada and who are sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of entry into the Contest. MARU/BLUE reserves the right to require proof of age and jurisdiction of residence prior to awarding any prize. Employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor or MARU/BLUE (and their subsidiaries or affiliates and each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies) are not eligible to win, nor are the parents, siblings and children of any such employee, agent or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
3. PRIZES: There are a total of $1000 in Prizes to be given away during the Contest Period, consisting of the following: for each year of the Contest Period one (1) prize of $1000. The total value of prizes awarded each year is $1000 and there is one (1) draw. The Prizes will be drawn within fifteen (15) business days of the end of the Contest Period (“Draw Date”). All Prizes are to be denominated in Canadian dollars.
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: All Entrants may enter the Contest by following the link in the Entrant’s invitation to participating surveys on the Maru Voice Community survey website, or by accessing the Maru Voice Community survey website directly at https://www.maruvoice.ca. Entrants will receive one (1) entry into a yearly prize draw for every participating survey completed or surveys for which the Entrant was disqualified (i.e. attempted to complete a survey but could not due to failure to meet a criteria of the survey, but for clarity will not receive entries if the Entrant decides or is otherwise unable to complete a survey other than for disqualification) during a calendar month. The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet. Completion of an Maru Voice Community survey or any other survey is not required to enter the Contest as Entrants may enter the Contest by using the alternate means of Contest entry set out in item 5.
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN - ALTERNATE MEANS OF CONTEST ENTRY: Entrants may receive one (1) entry for the Contest by legibly printing the Entrant’s name, street address, city, province, postal code, telephone number, and complete email address on a 3 x 5 inch (or 7.5 x 12.5 cm) piece of paper and mailing it to the Maru Voice Recruit Contest, C/o MARU/BLUE, Attention: Incentives Team, 900 West Hastings Street, 6th Floor, Vancouver, BC, V6C 1E5 Canada.
6. PRIZE DRAWS: Prize draws will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, within approximately fifteen (15) business days of the end of each calendar year during the Contest Period. Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received during the applicable calendar year. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of an entry winning any Prize will be the same, whether the entry was automatically generated or by alternate means of entry.
7. PRIZE AWARDING: Prizes will be awarded only on verification by MARU/BLUE that all Contest requirements have been met by the winners. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of the Sponsor which may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected Entrants at the email address listed in the Maru Voice Community, or on the mail-in entries.
MARU/BLUE will notify each winner by email within fifteen (15) business days of the relevant Draw Date. Winners will have two (2) business days from notification to accept the Prize by email, and will be instructed whom to contact at that time. MARU/BLUE is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond within the allotted time MARU/BLUE reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize (and in the event that the subsequent selected Entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond, a further Entrant will be selected, until a winner is determined, provided further that in the event that a winner is not determined after attempts have been made to contact 3 Entrants, MARU/BLUE may elect not to conduct any further redraws and not award such Prize).
In order to be declared an official winner, the selected Entrants may be required to complete, and return to MARU/BLUE a web-based Winner Notification Survey within two (2) days of receipt. If a selected Entrant(s) fails to complete, and return the web-based Winner Notification Survey to MARU/BLUE within two (2) business days, MARU/BLUE reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize. By completing, and returning the web-based Winner Notification Survey, the Entrant: (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules and Regulations; (ii) releases and forever discharges the Sponsor and MARU/BLUE, their affiliates and subsidiaries and their advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the Prize; and (iii) gives permission to the Sponsor, at its option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant’s name, address, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or its advertising agencies.
8. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of MARU/BLUE, which are final.
9. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of a winner list or a copy of the Contest Rules and Regulations, send your request to: Maru Voice Recruit Contest Winners List, C/o MARU/BLUE, Attention: Incentives Team, 900 West Hastings Street, 6th Floor, Vancouver, BC, V6C 1E5, Canada. Requests must be received no later than a month after the Draw Date and must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: MARU/BLUE is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or the operation of the Maru Voice Community website or any other MARU/BLUE hosted website, as determined by MARU/BLUE, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, MARU/BLUE reserves the right to terminate the Entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of MARU/BLUE, which in the sole opinion of MARU/BLUE, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, MARU/BLUE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest and to award Prize(s) to individual(s) selected at random from the pool of Entrants received up to the point of termination. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than those listed in the Contest Rules and Regulations.
11. TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any Prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
12. DISPUTES: Entrants acknowledge and agree that any disputes arising out of the Contest or these Rules and Regulations will be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada and must be submitted to the courts located in the City of Vancouver.
13. PRIZE DISCLAIMER: MARU/BLUE shall not be responsible or liable to Entrants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of Entrants entering the Contest or use of a Prize won in connection with this Contest. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and MARU/BLUE (and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of both parties, their parent company(ies), affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies), harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.